August 4, 2010

Gandhi Bhawan moments


Well... Gandhi Bhawan is one strong reason behind the creation of this blog.

 I happened to spend 30 good days of my life in an NGO named Gandhi Bhawan situated at Pathanaapuram, Kollam, Kerala. http://www.gandhibhavan.org/ - this is the link to the amazing NGO, I had the fortune of being a part of from 15th June 2010 till 15th July 2010.


An NGO which hardly covers 1.5 Acres of land is abode to nearly 500 people including old-aged, physically challenged, mentally challenged, children etc, situated at the banks of river Kallada.

To me, Gandhi Bhawan was no less than a home. In fact, it was more than that. To be frank, after spending time with more than 485 people, when I came back home, I felt devastated!!! And why wouldn't I??? After all, as they say, *the more, the better* :P . 500 can anytime beat 5! I had so many mothers and grandmas to look after me, so many fathers and grandpas to take care of me, so many siblings to play and fight and so many friends to share my moments with... 

I am grateful for the moments spent there. Where and when I was loved like a daughter, grand daughter, sister, friend and even sometimes like a mother.

Characters ranging from Bhargaviyamma Teacher to Naanu Pillai Appappooppa* and Nansu to Valsu, Ganapriyan Sir, Vijayalakshmi Chechi etc...  I feel so rich! 

 I am just planning to share my fortune with the ones who feel like reading this. :) 

3 comments:

Santiago said...

Nice !

Gabriel Chris said...

:P

Ajit said...

You are lucky to see and serve the helpless souls. I get the same experience when I visit my hospital and help the guys there with some Lessons or Play .... we get to keep away our mask and get to become a real soul with them, their innocence,hope and glimmer in the eyes and that million dollar smile from the depth of their heart forgetting all their hardships is a treasure that one can take with oneself when we finally say good bye to this world..